Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic Volunteers
March 16, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Be a Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic Volunteer
It’s time to mobilize an army of volunteers to help our community beat COVID-19. In collaboration with the Ontario Health Team Northumberland and the HKPR Health Unit, the Rotary Club of Cobourg is leading a community collaboration to recruit volunteers to assist at the Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic opening on Tuesday, March 16th at the Cobourg Community Centre.
We need volunteers in three areas:
- Assisting at the Clinics — two shifts 8 to Noon – Noon to 5 (Download and Complete Form)
- Making Telephone Calls — calling volunteers to remind them of shifts (Download and Complete Form)
- Drivers of Elderly to CCC Vaccine Clinic Site — this is being overseen by Community Care Northumberland (Please call – 705 653-7476)
Attached is a brief description of the possible roles and responsibilities. Assignments will be made at the beginning of each volunteer shift. We will need to schedule 50-60 volunteers per day to support the clinics.
Requirements per shift:
- Four Lobby Greeters to verify COVID screen, washroom
- Two Ice Pad Greeters to verify appointment, direct to staging
- Four Pod Line Controllers to ensure distancing in the lineup, handoff to escort
- Four Escorts to take to a chair, assist with clothes, releasing patients, and cleaning chairs
- Four Runners to deliver the vaccine to vaccinator, load cart supplies, flag physician on the direction of a clinician
- Eight Checkout Attendants to monitor lines, offer juice/snack to take/directing to exit