Rotary is a worldwide organization of more than 1.2 million business, professional and community leaders. Members of Rotary clubs, known as Rotarians, provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
There are 33,000 Rotary clubs in more than 200 countries and geographic areas. Clubs are nonpolitical, nonreligious and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. As signified by the motto Service Above Self, Rotary’s main objective is service; in the community, in the workplace, and throughout the world.
The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the fellowship of business, professional and community leaders.
The Four Way Test
The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following questions:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Source of Funding
The Rotary Club of Cobourg has a membership of over 150. Each year the club raises funds through its many activities in the community which include:
- The Cobourg Waterfront Festival (Canada Day Weekend)
- Sportsman’s Night and Gourmet Dinner (First Saturday in February)
- Northumberland Ribfest at Victoria Park (Mid August)